In this week’s episode, Alex shares his insights from the book: The Amazon Management System written by by Ram Charan and Julia Yang.
What has propelled their record streak of growth? Their management system, and it can do the same for you no matter what business you are in or what level.
The book is broken down into 6 learning blocks:
- Customer-Obsessed Business Model
- Continuous Bar-Raising Talent Pool
- AI-Powered Data & Metrics System
- Ground-Breaking Invention Machine
- High-Velocity & High-Quality Decision-Making
- A forever Day 1 culture
Alex also shares what their 14 leadership principles are:
- Customer obsession
- Invent and simplify
- Are Right, a Lot
- Learn and be curious
- Hire and Develop the Best
- Insist on the Highest Standards
- Think Big
- Bias for Action
- Earn Trust
- Dive Deep
- Have Backbone; Disagree and Commit
- Deliver Results
Subscribe, give us a star rating on Spotify and leave us a comment on Apple Podcasts!
Follow us on:
The Hardscaper High Five was first introduced as part of Hardscaper Showcase earlier in 2023. If you couldn’t make it out to one of those events, head over to [https://hardscaper.com/2023-virtual-showcase/] to check it out for free!